West Women Trekkers Climb Kilimanjaro
Full Moon Trek Along the Less Travelled Rongai Route
Dates: 17th October – 24th October 2018
Trip Duration: 8 days – (8 day trip, 6 day trek, 2 nights hotel, 5 nights camping)
Grade: Moderate to Challenging Trekking
Small Group: 10 Persons
Stand on Africa’s tallest peak Uhuru Peak (5895m) – summit under a full moon via the beautiful and less travelled Rongai Route.
Com on this trek knowing everything is taken care of – you will be properly prepared by the West Women Team and World Expeditions. Understand how to physically prepare to packing the right gear – to ensure you are confident to get started!
- Enjoy panoramic views on the summit of Uhuru Peak (5895m)
- Be mesmerized by the sunrise over the Kenyan plains at Gilman’s Point
- Trek to Mawenzi Tarn (4330m) situated in a cirque beneath the spires of Mawenzi
- Journey to the Second Cave (3450m) with super views of Kibo
- Walk through forest to catch a glimpse of the Kilimanjaro Colobus Monkeys
- West Women Trekkers – Team Celebration Dinner
The sight of the permanent snow capped peak of Mt Kilimanjaro (5895m) provides a constant source of inspiration when viewed from the vast plains. It is also a natural focus for any fit trekker keen to summit the highest peak in Africa. While the ascent does not require any technical climbing, the trails are demanding and a sound level of fitness and an ability to acclimatise are essential prerequisites before attempting the summit. The Rongai Route begins in attractive farmland and delightful forest, with the opportunity for viewing black and white colobus monkey, and passes through several different climate zones, adding considerably to the interest of the trek while at the same time ensuring maximum acclimatisation. This route retains a sense of unspoilt wilderness and offers a different perspective on Kilimanjaro by approaching it from the north. From the alluring summit of Uhuru Peak (5895m), we will have amazing 360 degree views of the surrounding plains.
Small Group: 10 persons
Day 1: Join Marangu
Day 2: Commence Climb (2600m, 3-4 hours hiking)
Day 3: Kikelewa caves (3600m, 4-5 hours hiking)
Day 4: Mawenzi Tarn (4330m, 3-4 hours hiking)
Day 5: Walk to Kibo (4700m, 5-6 hours hiking)
Day 6: SUMMIT the highest peak in AFRICA (5985m) descend to Horombo Hut (11-15 hours hiking)
Day 7: Descend to Marangu (5-6 hours hiking)
Day 8: Marangu, Trip Concludes
When you join a West Women Trekkers Inc. trip you will be embarking on an amazing adventure. West Women Trekkers provide unique experiences, to feed your adventurous spirit, develop fitness and mental toughness. To ensure this adventure is a success, all participants are expected to prepare and develop excellent fitness for the trek. West Women Trekkers will provide the tools, to train, support and prepare you each step of the way.
Moderate Fitness. Expectation is you have moderate level of fitness. The fitter you are, the more enjoyable your trip will be. To ensure this adventure is a success, all participants are expected to prepare and develop excellent fitness for the trek. West Women Trekkers will provide the tools to train you each step of way.
Required to be able to carry a day pack (approx 7-8kg).
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners – including West Women Trekkers Celebration dinner
- 2 nights in 3 star hotel – Marangu (twin share)
- 5 nights fully supported camping on twin share tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent (not including sleeping bag and mat – can be hired locally or bring your own)
- Experience local mountain guides, cook and camp crew
- Park entrance fees valued at US$826
- Emergency Oxygen
WEST WOMEN TREKKERS:
- Trek Preparation – Gear, Fitness and Trek Coaching
- Trek Training Readiness Consultation
- One-on-One Personal Training/Trekking Coaching
- Learn how to confidently prepare for a Multi-Day Trek
- Develop your fitness to ensure you enjoy your trek
- Gear Selection Coaching – Claire will help you with the most appropriate choices?
- Learn to Safely Carry a Full-pack – Prepare, learn to carry a full-pack and prevent injuries.
- Flights to and from Marangu
- Personal Backpacking Equipment – full checklist will be provided.
- Daytime Snacks
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance